Employers are required by federal law to post up-to-date labor law posters in the workplace for their employees that are easily accessible to view. These posters inform employees of their rights, including notices for paid sick leave, job safety, and anti-discrimination laws.
The Federal Register published the increased penalty rate on May 26, 2021 for violating anti-discrimination posting requirements. The new penalty is now set at a rate of $576. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) adjusts the posting fine each year, as does the Department of Labor (DOL) to increase the posting penalties.
Below listed are the required notices that will incur a penalty fine if they are not posted in a prominent place for employees to read:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) $178
- Job Safety and Health: It’s the Law (OSHA) $13,653
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) $21,663
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO) $576
These notices are included on all of our combination (state/federal) posters.
The Federal Register government document for the above information can be found here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/05/26/2021-11085/2021-adjustment-of-the-penalty-for-violation-of-notice-posting-requirements
If you need to order labor law posters with the latest updates and revisions, you can find them on our website allinoneposters.com
- You can purchase standalone State/Federal posters here: https://www.allinoneposters.com/Labor-Law-Poster/State-Federal-Combo
- Electronic version for remote employees (select your state): https://www.allinoneposters.com/Electronic-Poster
- We also offer a compliance plan with coverage of up to 1, 2, or 3 years: https://www.allinoneposters.com/Subscription-Plans/Combination-State-Federal-Poster-Plans