Effective August 2021, the Massachusetts state labor law posters have been updated.
There are two notices that have been updated on the MA state posters.
First, the Massachusetts Minimum Wage notice updated the clause about tipped workers. The section now states the following:
- The average hourly tips, plus the hourly service rate paid to the worker must add up to the minimum wage per each shift.
- Employers, owners and employees with managerial or supervisory responsibilities on a given day must never take any of your tips.
- Tips and service charges listed on a bill must be given only to wait staff, service bartenders, or other service employees.
- Tip pooling is allowed only for wait staff, service bartenders, and other service employees.
Second, the Paid Family Medical Leave notice was updated to include a health insurance clause. The notice now states: “Employers must continue to provide for and contribute to employees’ employment-related health insurance benefits, if any, at the level and under the conditions coverage would have been provided if the employees had continued working for the duration of such leave.” This latest revision is dated July 2021, with the previous version dated November 2020.
If you need to order the Massachusetts poster with the latest updates and revisions, you can find them on our website allinoneposters.com
- You can purchase a standalone Massachusetts & Federal combination poster here: https://www.allinoneposters.com/Massachusetts-Federal-Combo
- Electronic version for remote employees (select your state): https://www.allinoneposters.com/Electronic-Poster
- We also offer a compliance plan with coverage of up to 1, 2, of 3 years: https://www.allinoneposters.com/Subscription-Plans/Combination-State-Federal-Poster-Plans