Recently we received a notice that looks like this:
This letter is sent by a company called Employment Compliance Assistance that is NOT endorsed by the government.
It is easy to mistake these notices as official government agency letters. If you google “Employment Compliance Assistance,” you might get a result that directs you to the official Department of Labor website: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/compliance-assistance
However, the business Employment Compliance Assistance is NOT government affiliated.
These scam companies target newly formed businesses as a scare tactic.
Here are some details from their mailer to note:
- “Non-governmental Compliance Agency” is labeled on the return envelope enclosed.
- In fine print, on the front of the notice: “Employment Compliance Assistance is a non-government publisher of copyrighted compliance poster compilations that are intended to help employers meet their legal obligations […].”
- “THIS PRODUCT OR SERVICE HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED OR ENDORSED BY ANY GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY, AND THIS OFFER IS NOT BEING MADE BY AN AGENCY OF THE GOVERNMENT.”
- In fine print, on the back of the notice (in gray text): “ALL SALES ARE FINAL – NO REFUNDS.”
- Disclaimers: Employment Compliance Assistance is a private, non-governmental business providing labor posters and poster monitoring services to corporations’ large and small as well as to private individuals. Employment Compliance Assistance and its monitoring service is neither a legal requirement, nor a mandatory service. THIS PRODUCT OR SERVICE HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED OR ENDORSED BY ANY GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY, AND THIS OFFER IS NOT BEING MADE BY AN AGENCY OF THE GOVERNMENT. […] THIS IS NOT A BILL, THIS IS A SOLICITATION. YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PAY THE AMOUNT STATED ABOVE UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THIS OFFER.
- WARRANTIES / LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: […] “While reasonable steps are taken to assure that the information provided by Employment Compliance Assistance is accurate and complete, you agree that Employment Compliance Assistance shall have NO LIABILITY, beyond the fees paid by you for the service, for any damages suffered by you.”
To summarize, the legal terms basically state that it is NOT an official government agency, all sales are final (no refunds), and that the letter is confirmed to be a solicitation (so they are attempting to get sales for their business). They also hold no legal responsibility if you are fined by government entities for not having all the required postings for your business. BE CAREFUL!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What should I do with these letters or mailers?
- Feel free to recycle or shred these, since these mailers are not government official letters, and the company is not government-affiliated.
- Know that All In One Poster Company does NOT send out mailers like these.
- Our sales are done via website, phone, or e-mail. We do not cold-call or solicit sales from customers or potential clients.
As a last note, $372.00 is a hefty price to pay for compliance posters. We offer our own All In One labor law poster as a combination Federal and State poster starting at $21.95 for a standalone or we also offer the equivalent 2 year subscription plan for $84.95 (you receive a brand new poster if there are mandatory changes and coverage lasts for 2 years from plan purchase).
- Combination posters (Standalone): https://www.allinoneposters.com/Labor-Law-Poster/State-Federal-Combo
- Compliance plans (1 year, 2 years, or 3 years coverage): https://www.allinoneposters.com/Subscription-Plans/Combination-State-Federal-Poster-Plans
You can also read our previous posts on this topic here: