Increased Rates Currently in Effect
The minimum wage rate for the City of Santa Fe, New Mexico has increased to $11.40 per hour as of March 1st 2018. Additionally, the minimum wage rate for Santa Fe County has increased to $11.40 per hour ($3.41 per hour for tipped employees). These increased rates are currently in effect.
Who Is Required To Pay Santa Fe City Living Wage:
- The City to all full-time permanent workers employed by the City;
- Contractors for the City, that have a contract requiring the performance of a service but excluding purchases of goods;
- Businesses receiving assistance relating to economic development in the form of grants, subsidies, loan guarantees or industrial revenue bonds in excess of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) for the duration of the City grant or subsidy;
- Businesses required to have a business license or registration from the City; and
- Nonprofit organizations, except for those whose primary source of funds is from Medicaid waivers.
- For workers who customarily receive more than one hundred dollars ($100) per month in tips or commissions, any tips or commissions received and retained by a worker shall be counted as wages and credited towards satisfaction of the Living Wage provided that, for tipped workers, all tips received by such workers are retained by the workers, except that the pooling of tips among workers shall be permitted.
Who Is Required To Pay Santa Fe County Minimum Wage:
All employees of these affected businesses whether employed on a full-time, part-time or temporary basis, including contingent or contracted workers and those working through a temporary service or an employment agency.
- For businesses located throughout Santa Fe County, outside of the incorporated boundaries of the City of Santa Fe, City of Española and the Town of Edgewood.
- Businesses required by Santa Fe County to have a business license.
- Santa Fe County government
- Contractors that enter into a contract after April 26, 2014 with Santa Fe County government for services, including construction services.
- Businesses who undertake an economic development project and execute a project participation agreement with Santa Fe County.
You may download the required notices from our Specific City and Industry Notices Page.