Our Active Shooter Safety Awareness poster gives some general tips to help you prepare for and respond to an active shooter incident.
The poster was created with various information taken from the Department of Homeland Security webpage. Because situations are varied and unpredictable, knowing what to do or how to respond can be life-saving. This poster is intended for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for specific training. Our poster measures 24’’ x 39’’ and is printed in full color, available in English or Spanish, which you can find on our website: https://www.allinoneposters.com/Active-Shooter-Safety-Awareness-Poster
How To Respond When An Active Shooter Is In Your Vicinity
- Quickly determine the most reasonable way to protect yourself.
- Run, Hide, or Fight – depending on the situation.
- Call 911 when it is safe to do so!
How To Respond When Law Enforcement Arrives
- Remain calm and follow officers’ instructions
- Keep hands visible at all times
- Avoid pointing, screaming, yelling, or making quick movements
Training Your Staff For An Active Shooter Situation
- Create an Emergency Action Plan
- Plan out emergency escape routes
- Conduct mock training exercises
You can contact the U.S. Department of Labor, OSHA for information on creating an Emergency Action Plan. For more information, visit https://www.dhs.gov/cisa/active-shooter-preparedness